Sunday, August 31, 2008

My lion fish is dead for my MISTAKE

Urgent help required. My lion is dying. 8/29/08
Sir,
!!Hello!
I am in a deep trouble. I have a small aquarium and I keep a small lion and 1 carpet anemone.
!!Not compatible, especially in a small tank.!!
This is a new fish. It was apparently healthy but within 2 days my lion is having some fungus type of thing on his left side while the right side is clear. Can you tell me what the disease is and how to treat it.
!!I do not believe this is a disease, I think it got stung by the anemone.!!
Please see the picture for correct understanding of the problem. Please do something he is not eating and staying in one place and breathing.
!!Looks like an anemone sting to be, good water quality and the removal of one or the other from the tank.!!
I have posted more pictures here please see it and then respond and help me.
The anemone stung it once.
!!More than once I would guess.!!
I have seen it , the lion went near the anemone then suddenly shot away.
!!And this is the result.!!
http://petsconcern.blogspot.com/2008/08/please-help-sos.html
Regards
Babu Banik.
!!Chris!!
--------------

Thanks for your timely reply but my lion expired today and I transferred the anemone.
!!Sorry!!
Now please see the wounds of the dead lion and tell me if it was due to the anemone sting or some disease.
!!I would still guess the anemone, perhaps with a secondary infection.!!
As yesterday night the fungus was on one side today morning it was on both sides. My aquarium is small so should I keep the water and release some smaller fish after few days or throw away the water and start fresh.
!!I would not do much of anything besides maybe a partial water change if the other fish are ok.!!
Please help.
!!Chris!!